This is my just before sleep Gratitude List: (Fyi: links don't work in facebook, so you'll have to go to the blog to see videos etc)
- For the easy feeling that seems to be gradually sliding into my life now---the new studio being the main source of life-love.
- The Flying Pig Gallery is giving me more space this season! I'm so damn pleased!
- For friendships long neglected, but still there. Sherry, I'm talking to you. Thanks.
- For this blog. I love her and I love her children. I like to think that if I had children that I'd be like her---so utterly herself, so playful and kind, but still the mom. She's honest in a non-obvious way. The light in her son's face makes me melt into a thousand drops and form a river of child longing which I thought I'd redirected a long time ago.
- For being able to recognize that acknowledging child longing isn't a sad thing ...it's just honest. Sometimes there are doors that never get fully opened.
You know I love my Odetta, but I have to confess I'd never heard of Ernie Ford--have I lost your respect forever? I found this clip recently. How wonderful their voices compliment one another.
Note: Angie and Emiko, I'll email you my letter to Kwik Trip-since they did step up I don't want to post it here (plus it's long and detailed which I know you find hard to believe since I'm a woman of few words!)