I'm creeping very quietly back in...tiptoeing...hoping no one noticed I was gone...and now I'm going to act like I just woke up and was here all along...
It's been crazy busy folks. Preparing for Arti-Gras. If you're local, I hope you can make it. I'm in booth#16. I only have twelve days left to prepare. I'm more relaxed than I was last year though, not as freaked out about stock. I'll bring what I have and it will be good enough. Om. I'll bring what I have and it will be good enough. Om. Deep breath. I'll bring what I have and it will be good enough. Om. Exhale. See? I'm not worried at all. :)
OK, from my last post it appears to be that my sense of humor is painfully subtle...I thought for sure that everyone would know I was joking based on my 153rd of an inch line! Yes, I was kidding. I love that wallet and there was no way it was going anywhere but my own purse.
OK, there's nothing like receiving blog honors, awards and tags...and it's probably in very poor form to wait weeks to acknowledge them publicly...but, hopefully those who have bestowed them upon me will forgive my tardiness.
First we have the Noblesse Oblige award from Nancy...she's always offering her readers such good advice, tips and how-tos. Plus, right now she's off in New Zealand on a Scrabble Tour!
Here are the reasons for the award:
- The Blog content inspires; it strives to encourage and offers solutions.
- There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture and Sciences, and Beliefs.
- The Blog is refreshing and creative.
- The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.
- The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervade amongst different cultures and beliefs.
Here are the conditions:
- The Award Conditions must be displayed at the Post.
- Write a short article about what the Blog has thus far achieved- preferably citing one or more older post to support.
- The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award Conditions.
- The Blogger must display the Award at any location at the Blog.
OK...I don't know that I can provide other posts to support Nancy's reasons, but I can say that I do try to live up to them. Though, let's face it...sometimes I'm not always refreshing...especially when I'm on a "when will this year end?" jag like last year, but I do try!:)
Thank you Nancy! I want to pass along this award to one blogger who doesn't post enough (in my opinion and who is a knitter like many of you...so she should!) Hopefully she'll post some more of her projects!
Then I received this nice award from Amanda Davie. Thank you Amanda!!!
I love Amanda's work...her jewelry is gorgeous and she's here in Wisconsin. She just got an item that I've wanted for ages...and am saving for. I'm so envious!!!! I've been convinced for months that this is the thing I need! My paper scraps could be put to such good use.
This award is given to bloggers who have great attitude and gratitude. Jeez, can I live up? Before I pass it on, I want to say that I am eternally grateful for Freecycle...I hope you check it out in your area. I am doing a lot of cleaning and clearing out, so it's great to have people who really need the items come and pick them up and it saves me the gas and driving to Goodwill.
I want to pass this award on to my new blogging friend Arlene with only one condition...that she name something she's grateful for...which shouldn't be hard for her since she's very generous of spirit.
And then, I was tagged by Liz for six random things about me. Liz is a local artist who turns out work like you see at the top of the post regularly...I always envy people who really buckle down and work and wish I had their focus.
Thank you Liz! Here are my six random things:
- I just recently started drinking coffee...after years of never understanding why people like it. I received french press for Christmas and laughed about how it doesn't matter how many cups I drink since it's decaf and I can't tell the difference between decaf and regular since I'm new. Well, let's just say that ... now, I can tell the difference. Great, a new bad habit for the new year!
- I have a counselor named Jay who is the bee's knees. I've been seeing him for about 2 years and last year decided to stop... coincidentally I had the worst year of my life...HA! It seems that as soon as we were getting close to a breakthrough, I decided to go off on my own and disappeared. Lovely. I'm back in and it's helping. If you're local and want a kind counselor, but one who won't let you pull any crap, he's the one. He's busy, so it may be hard to get that first appointment, but once you become regular you can schedule out.
- I still race around the house in my underwear despite my body image issues---the other day I ran out to get the mail and put on a coat...that only came to my waist...I forgot that I wasn't wearing pants...and worse, I had slipped on Mark's size 12 shoes since it would have been a hassle to open up the coat closet to get mine...I realized as I was outside in a short coat, underwear and giant shoes that I looked fairly ridiculous...especially since it was 2 degrees, but my neighbors are used to it.It's happened more than once.
- I'm pretty fond of the phrase " Oh for balls sake!" when I'm exasperated.
- I've just begun wholesaling my first item...condom cases! They will be making their first public appearance at Arti-Gras.
- I've been watching House and Rock of Love-one doesn't embarrass me to admit and one does.
I've love to pass this tag along to a new blogger...Erin. We met at the WI Etsian trunk show and she floored me with her metal-work. This tag is perfect timing since another blog is having a give-away of one of her pieces...stop by and check out Erin's work and then you can hop to the blog to enter the give-away. So, Erin...whenever you are ready, just list 6 random things about yourself.
Ok...and I have to send a special shout out to Kai...This is just one of the lovely items that arrived on my doorstep...and was supposed to be saved until my birthday...but, I couldn't resist opening it... A pin-cushion cupcake...So sweet. Thank you Kai. She's also doing a give-away post.